Saturday, 3 May 2008

Wonders

Yesterday's meditation was on the last step of the Seven Steps to Silence : Giving unconditionally.

It proved easier to meditate with our eyes open, as Kavindha (meditation guru) requested. Because, wheh you close your eyes, it's a natural signal to your body system to shut down and go to sleep.

Which was what Jian and I almost did when meditating two weeks ago, almost dozing off, as we meditated with our eyes closed, and what's more, with what's looked like a very bloated stomach of yummy lunch.

Yesterday's session felt so in-dept that I have never felt so worn out after, concentrating on the thoughts Kavindha fed us with her soothing, gentle voice.

"Before giving unconditional love to others, you will have to provide yourself with it first."

And so, the session was on focusing on thoughts of unconditional love, eg. given by a mother to her child, a nurse to her patient, a teacher to her student, and for me, what constantly surged through my mind were images of my sister's infectious laughter.

Well, to be frank, I did take more time yesterday to settle those bustling thoughts, what's with your eyes open, you are exposed to more distractions, such as other's growling stomach, fidgeting, movement and even, oh-my-god-jian-did-u-notice, this guy on my left kept producing what sounded like small, instantenous, smell-less farts.

Thrice. I'm serious!

So, after pushing those distractions to their bays, I finally rested my eyes on a comfortable spot. Beyond my own belief, the feelings of complacence and sheer joy were what I ever experienced throughout.


It just feels so tranquil to spread love within yourself and towards the end of the session, in Kavindha's words, "..and now to people around you, in this uni, Melbourne, Australia and the world. Let them feel the love you're experiencing..unconditionally..."


=)


Kavindha was right that this step would exhaust us, as Jian claimed I looked dead after, and Jia Yen and Pei Wen thought I just woke up from a sleep, and someone said I looked down!


Just that it wasn't true, far from true. I felt calm within, my pulse slowed down, contented, yet inevitably, hungry! Ahh~~ the wonders of meditation!


(I'm thinking it's because we somehow were using mental energy, you know energy being unperishable and constantly transferred, though it does sound silly, I wonder if it's possible.)

Attempted to meet up with Jun Jie and Chon Jin but failed, nvm, next time then =)

Later that night, my brother told me that he wasn't going home as he had early lectures this morning, and I was comtemplating what was there to cook again, when Chen Hao said I could take his room for the night as he was going for a stayover elsewhere.


After much consideration, I stayed back and it proved worthwhile. The convenience was so exciting and me walking around with CH's keys like a resident at UniLodge was exhilarating! Like someone in disguise.. lol.. And not to forget, the warm hospitality provided by the hosts and hostess in the city, you know who you are!



And yea, now, back to work. Assignments.. =)


Cheers people! Have a great weekend..

2 comments:

Sara said...

i think, i need to meditate too, but im not sure how

Mei Shan Low said...

u'll have to be aware of everything around u, listen to sounds, listen to ur own breathing and pay attention to ur surroundings.

let those times be ur time, truly urs only. =)